[DRBD-user] not able to unmount drbd

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Dec 1 10:40:44 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 09:16:09AM +0100, Stefan Priebe - allied internet ag wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today i had a strange problem. I wanted to unmount a drbd partition to
> mount it on a slave.
>
> I've done the following:
> - stop all processes
> - fuser -k -m /mountpoint
> - umount /mountpoint
>
> but the device was still in use - how is this possible? Shouldn't fuser
> kill everything which access this mountpoint? In this case a HA solution
> is not working... :-(

fuser may miss unix sockets (ssh-agent, e.g.,
or syslog sockets...)
fuser will miss recursive mounts (bind mounts, loop mounts etc)
nfs subsystem still holding locks, many such things.

you have to figure out what may still be unsing that fs.
as long as the FS does not umount because it is still busy,
that cannot yet be a problem with DRBD, as that is a layer below.

--
: Lars Ellenberg