[DRBD-user] DRBD support in Ganeti

Iustin Pop iustin at google.com
Tue Apr 14 13:08:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 09:07:33PM +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> Iustin,
>
> http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/wiki/DRBDCompatibility says that Ganeti
> is currently "reported as not working" with DRBD 8.2. Would you mind
> sharing the issues that you are currently having with DRBD
> compatibility, and let us know whether they have been fixed with DRBD 8.3?

Hi,

That was based on a report from a user - we (still) use only 8.0, so we have no
direct experience with 8.2/8.3. I'll try to run some tests with newer DRBD to
see what are the problem (if any).

Note that we are using only drbdsetup, and completely ignoring drbdadm or
/etc/drbd.conf files. I susped that if there are any issues, they would be due
to the way we use drdbsetup/drbdmeta (not really recommended for end users).

thanks,
iustin