[DRBD-user] 3 or more nodes in Active

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 22 19:46:38 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 03:46:58PM +0200, Martin Gombac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm planing ad server cluster with OpenX. I will have (at least) two
> nodes with Active/Active OCFS or GFS for shared storage on top of LVM.
> I wonder if it is possible to "extend"/duplicate DRBD to third or fourth
> node later on, if the need for increased capacity is shown, so i can
> simply add just another node to the cluster.
> By extend i don't mean to add more disk space, just to have another
> Active mirror.

it is probably more suitable and less complex to use a Active/Standby
drbd + iscsi-target cluster as SAN replacement, and import it on your
scale-out cluster file system nodes.

double check whether a drbd + nfs cluster is "good enough" for your
scenario, as it usually performs better than cluster file systems on
iscsi.

--
: Lars Ellenberg