[DRBD-user] Re: "out of range" error

Jeffrey Froman drbd.tcijf at olympus.net
Tue Oct 21 16:32:19 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 02:05:44 am Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> most likely your "overrun problems" where due to the fact that you
> had a pre-existing file system on that disk, and truncated it by
> overwriting the last part with drbd meta data.
> reducing the drbd size won't even help.

We did have a pre-existing filesystem, but meta data is stored on
different disks (drbd.conf is included in the OP).

> as long as you mkfs /dev/drbd (after both nodes have seen each
> other for the first time), all is well.

Hm, we have never run mkfs after adding drbd. We frankly don't have
the space at the moment to store the data elsewhere while re-creating
the filesystem.

Is it still safe in such a case to remove the size parameter?

Thank you,
Jeffrey