[DRBD-user] Strange node reboot

Mickaël Canévet canevet at embl.fr
Fri Oct 10 09:05:06 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 14:46 +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> Mickaël,
>
> you've given no information about your DRBD version, kernel version, Xen
> hypervisor version, distribution, kernel configuration, sysctl settings
> ... in essence you've completely reduced us to wild guessing.
>
> Can you please provide that information? Otherwise I fail to see how we
> would be able to help you out.
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

Sorry for the lack of informations:

- Kernel: 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen
- DRBD: drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
- Xen: 3.3.0

I tried to join my kernel configuration and sysctl settings but the mail
was rejected because it was too big.

The kernel is the one provided by CentOS, and I didn't add any conf
in /etc/sysctl.conf.

When I unplug the dedicated network cable with some (5) Virtual Machines
launched, the reboot of both nodes is systematic. It doesn't happen when
the resources are just promote as primary, so the problem may comes from
Xen or an bad interaction between Xen and DRBD (Xen access DRBD
resources threw block-drbd script).

I tried to setup a serial console as suggested by Iustin Pop, but I
don't know how to do this with Xen even following this:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Virtualization-en-US/ch-virt-trouble-serial.html

Cheers

Mickaël
Mickaël Canévet.
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Grenoble Outstation. FRANCE