[DRBD-user] CentOS 5.2: really bad performance

Achim Stumpf hakim.news at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:31:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

Gianluca Cecchi schrieb:
> what about bonnie++ performance numbers without the line:
>  data-integrity-alg sha1;
> ?

That does not give much more performance.

> In both standalone and two-connected nodes drbd examples, the cpu
> percentage is around 10, while in the first case is correctly at 94%.
> It seems time is spent waiting for something when you run on drbd....
> Are /home and /data1 filesystems of the same type and on the same disks?
> Any information inside the logs (such as disconnect lines or other ones)?
> Gianluca

In the first case it is a non drbd partition with xfs, and the it writes around 100MB/s.

In the other two cases it writes with around 8MB/s.

So I think that's why the cpu usage is so low in the other two cases, because there isn't much data written to the disk.