[DRBD-user] drbdadm down fails, but I already unmounted

Allen Chen allen.chen at csagroupllc.com
Wed Nov 19 00:52:06 CET 2008

Hi,

I am still pretty new to DRBD and am having some trouble. I was able to
successfully load DRBD and run it on my servers a week ago, and the
tests ran fine. I tried to unmount one of my filesystems and detach, but
got an error, device is busy. I tried to force the unmount by killing
the process but that didn't work, so I used the command "umount -l /..."
Then when I tried to run "drbdadm down r1" I get this error:

/dev/drbd1: State change failed: (-12) Device is held open by someone
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 down' terminated with exit code 11

Even though I already unmounted it. I don't really know whats causing
it, and where to start looking to fix it...

Then weird thing is i also have drbd running on another resource, r0,
which works perfectly fine, but r1 seems to give me trouble attaching
and detaching. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Allen