[DRBD-user] drbd on sun solaris

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Mon May 26 19:24:39 CEST 2008

Grégory Steulet wrote:
> Hi foks,
>
> Could you please tell me if DRBD is working on Sun Solaris 10 ? If not, is there such a solution on Sun Solaris ?

DRBD is not running on Solaris or any operating system than Linux. It is
a Linux specific Kernel Module.

However, there is something similar available for (open)solaris:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/avs/ it is called "Sun StorageTek
Availability Suite". It is available under the CCDL license.

I'm going to evaluate AVS as soon as I get the time for it to see if it
is as good as DRBD. A quick look at the documentation shows that it is
far more complex that DRBD. Usually more complexity means more
implementation and maintenance cost. So I suggest to migrate to Linux
and use DRBD.

Thanks,

Luc