[DRBD-user] Downgrading?

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon May 26 17:19:53 CEST 2008

Remember, I am running the RHEL 2.6.9 kernel, not the vanilla one from
kernel.org. There are numerous patches and backports which have made it
into the RHEL kernel. I probably wouldn't try running kernel.org 2.6.9
for anything special. That said, I've not run 2.4 in production for
three years.

CentOS is a good stable (free) server platform, and there are DRBD
packages for it. 2.6 is a solid kernel platform, however for production
vendor kernels are probably a better option - There is a lot less
variation between two RHEL4 kernels versus 2.6.24 and 2.6.25.

I don't want to start a distro war by any means. I'm just sharing what
works for me :)