[DRBD-user] Downgrading?

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon May 26 15:19:47 CEST 2008

Stefan Löfgren wrote:
> Any suggestions on what I should do? Downgrade to DRBD 8.0.12? Will this make
> it better? Known issues? Known issues together with VMWare? Will rc2 make a
> difference? Anyone else been running 2.6.24.x and DRBD 8.2.x with success
> (DELL PowerEdge R200)? Maybe even kernel problems?
What distribution are you running? Many maintain a stable kernel branch
which has all the hardware support you need, along with current security
patches and bug fixes. I'd never consider running 2.6.25 on a production
box. I typically run RHEL4's 2.6.9 kernel on systems in my environment,
and DRBD is rock solid (8.2.something).

David