[DRBD-user] URGENT Request for DRBD Developers

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Fri May 23 21:44:19 CEST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 20:55:43 Art Age Software wrote:

> It is the start down the slippery slope. Why not then build our own
> web server, database server, firewall software, kernel? Heck, why not
> build it all? Because that's what package management is for...
> Seriously, do you guys build everything by hand?

Then simply use the openSUSE build service, like I do. I don't know for
CentOS, but for openSUSE when there's a kernel update, a rebuild of kernel
modules is automatically triggered, so with the automatic kernel update I
also get a new drbd kernel module pulled in by dependencies. Building rpm
packages of different drbd versions is trivial. Just have to put the new tar
ball into the directory and update the version number in the spec file. Have
successfully builded and used 8.0.12 packages for openSUSE 10.3 (which shipps
with 8.0.6) and now 8.2.6rc1.

Regards,
Stefan