[DRBD-user] Notify admin for online verification

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Mar 26 08:39:58 CET 2008

> The User's Guide recommends running "drbdadm verify <resource>" as a
> cron job, and doing so certainly sounds like a good idea to me.
>
> In my experience, cron jobs typically provide some output that can be
> mailed to an administrator, either by the command itself writing to
> stdout/stderr, or by use of a wrapper script that examines the
> command's exit code.
>
> I've read through the DRBD User's Guide and the various drbd manual
> pages, but have not found a way to employ either of these methods
> with automated online device verification. Is there such a method
> that I have missed?

Yes. In drbd.conf's "handlers" section, there is an "out-of-sync" handler
command for that purpose. Check the example drbd.conf file that's included in
the source distribution (or take a look at
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.2.git;a=blob;f=scripts/drbd.conf).

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.