[DRBD-user] important doubt- very urgent

अनुज Anuj Singh anujhere at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:05:50 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Swetha - <swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1.I have a doubt regarding checking the integrity of  a DRBD-0.7 system.
>
>    I followed the steps given in florian's blog, but i face problem in the
> following
> lines
>
> 1. Now you can run your integrity check. Typically this would involve
> something like doing fsck /dev/drbdnum followed by fsck -f /dev/drbdnum to
> check the integrity of the file system configured on the device. You may
> also mount the device and run some application-specific tests.
>
> When you have completed checking, stop all applications using the resource.
> Unmount the device.
>
> (What am i supposed to mount here?If i give mount /dev/drbd0 or mount
> /export, it gives an error as "no entry in /etc/fstab and "/mtab". What is
> the actual problem, kindly tell me)
did you created a filesystem for /dev/drbd0 ?
f.e. mke2fs -j /dev/drbd0
above will make ext3 file system on /dev/drbd0
then you can mount as:
mount -t ext3 /dev/drbd0 <mount point>
if you are trying to mount on /export then
mount -t ext3 /dev/drbd0 /export

> 2. In /proc/drbd, you should now be able to observe that the device changes
> its connection state to SyncTarget, and that it is synchronizing with the
> online node again. Any changes you made on the offline node while it was
> Primary are discarded in the process, and any changes made to the online
> node during the connection interruption propagate.
>
> (It does not show cs : SyncTarget and the above phenomena does not occur in
> primary and secondary(as mentioned in above paragraph))
>
>    Kindly tell me what the problem is?
>
> 2.I followed the steps that is given in florian's blog to upgrade
> DRBD-0.7.21 to DRBD-8.2.5.
>
>    But it didnt work out.
What error are you getting??
Do copy paste error here or use http://pastebin.com/