[DRBD-user] Any recommendations or cautions on using RAID under DRBD?

Andreas Rittershofer andreas at rittershofer.de
Tue Mar 4 15:37:14 CET 2008

Am 04.03.2008 um 14:14 schrieb Doug Knight:

> I am putting together a purchase order for our production systems,
> and am considering various RAID configurations. DRBD will be used
> between the two systems to mirror the logical device on which our
> postgres database will be located. Performance is a first priority,
> followed by disk space,

We are using DRBD on two pairs of machines. In one pair of machines,
each machine has a RAID 10 with 4 drives each, in the other pair of
machines each machine has a RAID 5 with 4 drives each. Both pairs are
working for years without DRBD-problems.

We had to change a few hard discs in the last years, but it is very
nice to know that even if more discs are failing that the RAID can
handle, we are safe because of the other machine in the DRBD-pair.

mfg ar
--
Hier könnte keine Signatur stehen.