[DRBD-user] Frequent split-brain with HA?

DucaConte Balabam ducaconte.balabam at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 4 09:48:49 CET 2008

Hello,

I saw that using HA with DRBD I get split brain many times.
Maybe this can occur due to a wrong drbd timeout? This is my config:

global { usage-count yes; }
common { syncer { rate 10M; } }
resource r0 {
         protocol C;
         startup { wfc-timeout 30; degr-wfc-timeout     120; }
         disk { on-io-error detach; } # or panic, ...
         net {
                 cram-hmac-alg sha1;
                 shared-secret "FooFunFactory";
         }
         on rman1a {
                 device    /dev/drbd1;
                 disk      /dev/sdb2;
                 address   <ip>:7789;
                 meta-disk  internal;
         }
         on rman1c {
                 device    /dev/drbd1;
                 disk      /dev/sdb2;
                 address   <ip>:7789;
                 meta-disk  internal;
         }
}

Usually if I force a cluster switch two or more times for testing or for
maitenance I got a Secondary/Unknown connection on both devices and I
need to discard data and reabuild mirror to solve it.

Thanks
Stefano

--
http://www.stefanocislaghi.it/