[DRBD-user] drbdadm adjust without role traversal causes full resync ?

Brice Figureau brice+drbd at daysofwonder.com
Thu Jul 31 18:29:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:39 +0200, Robert Heinzmann wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I found a interesting behaviour with "drbdadm adjust".
>
> When changing a DISK parameter (like fencing) and running "drdbadm adjust"
> on both nodes WITHOUT changing the roles a full sync is triggered (Primary
> = SyncTarget).
> When changing a DISK parameter (like fencing) and running "drdbadm adjust"
> on both nodes AND changing the roles beween the "adjust" calls no full sync
> is triggered.
> [snip]
> sounds interesting to me. I have to think about this some more. Is this
> intended behaviour ?

I think so.
Here is what Lars Ellenberg told me a couple of weeks ago about the same
subject:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.drbd/15388/focus=15389

Basically modifying Disk means detaching. If the primary detaches it
needs a full resync when it reattach.
--
Brice Figureau <brice+drbd at daysofwonder.com>