[DRBD-user] MySQL in Primary/Secondary Mode

Rui Meireles rmeireles at tec.dsr.telecom.pt
Fri Jul 4 17:54:03 CEST 2008

Just a simple question...

I have 2 servers in Primary/Secondary mode in a RHEL5. Heartbeat manages
several services, one of them is mysqld.

The only thing I did to accomplish this, was to move the directory
/var/lib/mysql into my DRBD partition (/drbd/var/lib/mysql) and set the
links in both servers:

ln -s /drbd/var/lib/mysql /var/lib/mysql

Is this all that's necessary? Aren't there any more libraries that should be
moved?
I'm asking this because I kept having this errors, and I don't know why:

[root at server1 ~]# service mysqld status
mysqld dead but subsys locked

Thanks