[DRBD-user] two primaries, writes when disconnected - will it always be a split-brain?

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Fri Jan 25 22:22:50 CET 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> I want to have two DRBD primaries.
>
> On top of DRBD there will be a LVM.
>
> LVM will consist of many logical volumes, and:
> - the same logical volume will never be accessed concurrently by both DRBD
> machines,
> - there will be no LVM metadata changes

[...]

Why not just configure multiple DRBD devices and split them so that your
'division of labor' is mapped to completely seperate DRBD devices? Then
you shouldn't need to worry about trying to resolve extended interleaved
usages of a single device in splitbrain mode.

--
Benjamin Franz

  I don't think it's a good idea to follow the catalog's suggestion to force
  the "Double Helix" on your biologist friends, or the "Wavelength" on your
  physicist friends. They have access to virulent pathogens and liquid
  nitrogen, and I just know it will end in tears before bedtime.
                             - Verzoeking, LiveJournal Entry, 22 Nov 2005