[DRBD-user] disconnecting hangs after ko-count failure

Walter Haidinger walter.haidinger at gmx.at
Tue Jan 22 18:42:56 CET 2008

> Your al-extents setting is extremely low too (at 19). What prompted you to do that?

Again, the drbd.conf man-page. ;-)

It says e.g. " A  higher  number of extents gives longer resync times but less updates to the meta-data.".

Well, the link is slow (~ 500 kB/s) compared to the meta-data device which is a local LVM logical volume on a raid array. So I thought I use a low number of al-extents to favor a smaller rsync time at the negligible cost of meta-data updates.

Is there something wrong with that reasoning?

Walter