[DRBD-user] can't use LVM2 on drbd devices - "Failed to write physical volume"? [SOLVED]

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 10 14:35:32 CET 2008

Niels de Carpentier schrieb:
> I have LVM running over raw drbd devices without any issues.
> Are there any messges in the logs when it fails?

Not really.

This is the fullest log:

http://wpkg.org/pvcreate-on-drbd-fails.txt

Once initialization succeeds, once it fails, and so on.

Then, creating a volume group always fails:

# vgcreate san2_dataaa /dev/drbd0
File descriptor 3 left open
File descriptor 5 left open
File descriptor 7 left open
   No physical volume label read from /dev/drbd0
   /dev/drbd0 not identified as an existing physical volume
   Unable to add physical volume '/dev/drbd0' to volume group 'san2_dataaa'.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski