[DRBD-user] Failure: (114) Lower device is already claimed. This usually means it is mounted. WTF?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 10 13:19:19 CET 2008

After I created a LVM volume on a DRBD device, I rebooted the server.

I'm unable to start DRBD now:

# /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/mapper/san2_crypt1
/dev/mapper/san2_crypt1 internal --set-defaults --create-device
Failure: (114) Lower device is already claimed. This usually means it is
mounted.

The device is certainly not mounted and I've no idea what might be using
it. Is there a way to check it somehow?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org