[DRBD-user] reconnect after interface down/up

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jan 8 11:12:40 CET 2008

Martin

what seems odd is the fact that one of your devices went into StandAlone mode.
That should only happen in one of two cases:

1. Deliberate disconnect (drbdadm disconnect, or drbdadm attach without
connect initially)
2. Split brain.

If you just down the replication interface, the device on both nodes will go
into NetworkFailure (transient) and then WFConnection. Upon reconnection,
they will just go back into Connected mode. And no point should one of them
become StandAlone.

If that isn't working in your setup, please provide relevant config and log
snippets for people to be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas