[DRBD-user] primary/primary with ext2 not updating real-time

Theophanis Kontogiannis theophanis_kontogiannis at yahoo.gr
Wed Feb 27 15:01:54 CET 2008

Hi Benjamin and All,

Thank you for your time and your answer.

Indeed I managed to proceed with GFS2 and indeed the file system is real
time updated on both servers.

Now what I do not understand is why we really need DRBD.

I am a bit confused since I believed that GFS itself, groups together in a
single large file system, physical disk space, spread in the network.

But it really does this or not (in which case we need DRBD)?

Thank you.