[DRBD-user] primary/primary with ext2 not updating real-time

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Mon Feb 25 00:55:34 CET 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Theophanis Kontogiannis wrote:

> Hi someone,
>
> Thank you for your time and answer,
>
> You are right no one would want ext2, not even me. It was a typo.
> I meant ext3 :)

ext3 is not a clustered filesystem, either. It simply is not going to work
primary/primary without becoming corrupted. You need to be looking at GFS
or OCFS or some other clustered filesystem.

ext2 or ext3 (or XFS, or ReiserFS or any other of the ordinary
non-clustered filesystems) is NOT going to work primary/primary, period.

--
Benjamin Franz

Before you get too proud of how fast you are making progress,
be sure it is in the correct direction.