[DRBD-user] Re: drbd heartbeat "failed to fail-over"

Massimo Mongardini massimo.mongardini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 23:44:23 CET 2008

Rois,
thanks for this

rois wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 22:22 +0000, Massimo Mongardini wrote:
>
>> Rois,
>>     I don't have such sections on my drbd.conf is that relevant to
>> drbd 8.x perhaps. My versions are drbd 0.7.24 and heartbeat 2.1.2-3
>> I planned a downtime on Saturday during which I will try and see if I
>> can reproduce the fault again.
>> cheers
>> Massimo
>>

> I'm using drbd 8 and don't know anything about 7 but part of what is in
> these sections is the outdate-peer info.  One of my initial problems
> when I was setting up was that a failure would not fail over because the
> secondary was being outdated (and thus not able to become primary) when
> the primary failed.  Someone who is more familiar with drbd 7 will have
> to help you if this section is not important to drbd7.

I can fail over, and did plenty of tests with programs writing on the
shared nfs and rebooting the primary and they were all satisfactory, but
for Murphy's law  (and perhaps cosmic rays!) for once that it had to do
it in production ... it failed!

> btw . . . Are you replying to the list server?  Looks like my address
> was in the "to".  Just want to make sure your messages are getting
> looked at by those in the know and not just by a novice like myself.

That's weird, your first message arrived directly to me not through the
ML, I just replied to that but I have to confess that I am noticing some
oddity, after my two posts on the list I didn't receive my own messages
back, I just saw them appear in the ML archive web page (gmail maybe?!)

cheers
Massimo