[DRBD-user] Two NIC question

Marcelo Roccasalva roccas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:58:06 CET 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 6:03 PM, Rob Morin <rob at dido.ca> wrote:

> FYI i also get this via console or dmesg
>
> martian source xx.xx.xx.150 from 192.168.1.8, on dev eth1  ll header:
> 00:15:8a:00:2c:2c:00:03:6c:fc:06:c0:08:00
>
> i have never seen that in my life before?  .150 is my primary public IP eth1
> :)

It says that a packet from 192.168.1.8 is arriving on eth1 but it's
supposed to come from eth0... Maybe someone is spoofing you, maybe
something is misconfigured... If you can't figure whats wrong, you can
always change your netmask on eth0 to 255.255.255.248 (or whatever
mask includes your internal net IPs)...

And, don't top post, please.

> Rob Morin
> Dido Internet Inc.
> Montreal,Canada
> http://www.dido.ca
> 514-990-4444
>

> Rob Morin wrote:
> > I created the private lan just for drbd, each private lan goes to a
> > vlan on a switch that consists of 2 ports only....
> >
> > also as a note, i had someone mention to me that my eth0 or private ip
> > address setup should not have a gateway as to not affect the public
> > lan.. so my /etc/network/interfaces file looks like this..
> >

> > iface eth0 inet static
> >        address 192.168.1.149
> >        netmask 255.255.255.0
> >

> > is that ok
> >
> > Rob Morin
> > Dido Internet Inc.
> > Montreal,Canada
> > http://www.dido.ca
> > 514-990-4444
> >

> > rois wrote:

> >> Well I wouldn't put the replication link in the public.  Is the private
> >> a private lan accessing the server or just a crossover/drbd link?
> >>
> >> I have a server with a public lan and a private lan so I added a 3rd nic
> >> with a crossover cable just for drbd replication.  Then heartbeat uses
> >> the public and private but not the crossover.

Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que ésta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que
de vida?" (Mafalda)