[DRBD-user] internal metadat versus external

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Wed Feb 13 16:44:23 CET 2008

yoyo64 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use internal metadata, for my resources
> Is it the best choice for big amount of datas ?
> What is the limit ?
> Why to choice external
With external metadata you obtain the flexibility to use two levels of
RAID, since metadata on RAID5 can slow all operations down.
The fastest and still quite safe setup I use is metadata on raid1 and
the large block devices on raid10. YMMV.

For the conversion question you have, please wait for someone else to
answer that.

Goodluck,
Leroy