[DRBD-user] heartbeat for opensuse 11.1?

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Mon Dec 22 18:07:34 CET 2008

On Monday 22 December 2008 17:59:43 Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 09:14:51AM -0500, Dan Gahlinger wrote:
> > I just upgraded to opensuse 11.1 and noticed that heartbeat isn't
> > included, and actually neither is pacemaker.
> >
> > DRBD is, and so is libheartbeat and libpacemaker, but not the actual HB
> > or PM...
> >
> > Any idea what happened to the packaging, or where RPM's might be
> > available?
> >
> > I'm still using v1 style configs, and quite happy with that.
>
> I'd say for some missing packages on opensuse,
> the download.opensuse.org would be the first thing I'd check...

openSUSE 11.1 does come with heartbeat included. It's just not on the DVD
media but only in the online repository which should be added automatically
during installation.

The first place to check for openSUSE packages would be
http://packages.opensuse-community.org which lists both our answers :)

Interestingly the distribution repo contains a newer heartbeat than the
ha-clustering repo...

Regards,
Stefan