[DRBD-user] MAX DRBD DEVICES

Matthias Böttcher matthias.boettcher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 11:24:44 CET 2008

2008/12/17 Maciej Bogucki <macbogucki at gmail.com>:
> Matthias Böttcher wrote:
>> Of course. But what I have in mind is a configuration with a number of
>> Xen-DomU's where the DomU's can reside on any cluster node and can be
>> switched between the nodes independently.
>
> I have done it. Please read my last post about DRBD, LVM and iSCSI.

2008/12/17 Maciej Bogucki <macbogucki at gmail.com>:

> He could also spread XEn-DomUs on more than two servers, like as I did it:
>
> Storage<---->iSCSI<---->Server_X<--->Xen-DomU_XY
>
> where:
> Storage - two node  cluster with Heartbeat, DRBD, LVM, and iSCSI target
> Server_X - farm of servers with iSCSI client
> XEn-DomU_XY - virtual servers on the top od physical Server_X - where Y is
> from 4 to 8 in my case

With this setup you need hardware of at least 4 physical machines, but
because of the machine (host) independent storage (iSCSI targets on
the redundant storage server) you are free to run and to switch the
Xen-DomU's on the physical Xen-Servers.

That looks interesting. I have to make myself familiar with iSCSI. At
the moment we are using only local SCSI storage.

Thanks for sharing your configuration!
Matthias Böttcher