[DRBD-user] slightly different partition sizes

Martin Winkler mw at martinwinkler.com
Tue Dec 16 09:04:11 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have a relatively new drbd setup and just realized that there is a
slight difference in size on the partitions I am using:
node1: /dev/sda3 (/dev/drbd0): 232717558 blocks, ext3
       /dev/sdb1 (/dev/drbd1): 232717590 blocks, ext3

node2: /dev/sda3 (/dev/drbd1): 232717558 blocks, ext3
       /dev/sdb1 (/dev/drbd0): 232717590 blocks, ext3

The metadata is always on a different partition.
After the sync DRBD did not raise any error as far as I can tell,
and /proc/drbd says the drives are fully UpToDate.

Now my question: Is this difference significant if drbd did not raise
any errors? I am feeling a bit uncomfortable here. What should I do to
make the same sizes in case there is a problem with my setup?

Martin