[DRBD-user] Found a new disk flush error code

Thomas Reinhold it-beratung at thomasreinhold.de
Mon Dec 15 10:32:16 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm getting bazillions of disk flush error messages:

> drbd0: local disk flush failed with status 134217730

Googling the error code did not yield any result. Any idea what this
could be?

The system is Debian Etch with DRBD 8.0.13 (etch-backports):

> Linux bftest-54 2.6.18-6-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 15 10:07:11 UTC 2008
> x86_64 GNU/Linux

The DRBD device is running on top of a RAID-1 set based on LSI 1078.

I have disabled disk flushing for now, and the error obiously has
gone. Since we are using an UPS, disabling disk flushing should not be
a problem. Nevertheless, I would like to know what the error message
indicates.

Best regards,

   Thomas