[DRBD-user] Problem in configuring LVM on DRBD

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Dec 9 08:39:04 CET 2008

On 12/08/2008 02:29 PM, Vaibhav Nipunage wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am using DRBD( version: 8.0.5). I want to use LVM over DRBD. I am
> facing some problem after DRBD configuration.
>

> For configuration I have used physical disks i.e. /dev/sdb (on local)
> and /dev/sdc (on remote).  The configuration was successful. But I want
> to create VG and LV on this DRBD device (/dev/drbd0). I have made
> changes in lvm.conf. I have changed the LVM filter (*/filter = [
> "a|sd.*|", "a/drbd.*/", "r|.*|"]/*) to accept the DRBD devices. Then I
> performed pvcreate and vgcreate.

You only did half your job. :-) You also need to specifically exclude
(reject) /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc from your config; otherwise LVM will
detect the PV signatures on your low-level devices, not your DRBD
volumes. Which is exactly what happened.

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.

LINBIT® and DRBD® are registered trademarks of LINBIT.