[DRBD-user] Using quotas on a ext3 file system layered on a drbd device

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Dec 2 21:59:03 CET 2008

From: "Knight, Doug" <dknight at wsi.com>
> I have a typical drbd setup
[snip]
> don't want the people space to fill up the drive and lock up postgres.
> Since there is no entry in fstab due to the use of Heartbeat's
> Filesystem OCF script, how do I enable quotas on this file system? Has
> anyone done quotas on a drbd drive's file system?

For a heartbeat2 setup, you'd have something like

<nvpair id="some_id"
   name="device" value="/dev/drbd0"/>
<nvpair id="some_directory"
   name="directory” value="/postgres"/>
<nvpair id="some_fstype"
   name="fstype" value="ext3"/>
<nvpair id="some_options"
   name="options" value="rw,noatime,quota=wharrgarbl" />
[tedious XML snipped]

...in the <primitive> tag for your OCF resource.  drbd shouldn't come into
the picture at all; the drbd device should just look like a block device
which happens to have an ext3 filesystem with quotas on it.  (And what in
the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster were the heartbeat people thinking
when they came up with that annoyingly verbose config file format?)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows