[DRBD-user] Same configuration across 3-node cluster

Andrew McGill list2008 at lunch.za.net
Fri Aug 22 09:14:31 CEST 2008

Hello all,

Inspired by the logical layout of drbd.conf, I tried to set up a three-way
replication -- A-B, B-C, C-A -- drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos.  This is possible,
but it does not seem possible to duplicate drbd.conf to all hosts.  Adding a
resource section to drbd.conf on a host that does not present that resource
gets you this error:

[root at black ~]# drbdadm up all
/etc/drbd.conf:582: in resource fnorbfoo, on fnorb { ... } ... on foo { ... }:
        There are multiple host sections for the peer.
        Maybe misspelled local host name 'black'?
/etc/drbd.conf:582: in resource fnorbfoo, there is no host section for this
host.
        Missing 'on black {...}' ?

This error occurs even when trying to bring up other resources that are
present for the host.  It looks like things work quite nicely with a custom
drbd.conf for each site which simply excludes resources that are irrelevant
to the current host.

Is there an option to make this work - using a single config file?  Should I
even be trying this?

&:-)

resource drbd_dom0tooth {
  protocol      B;

  startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout 30; }
  device        /dev/drbd2;
  on dom0tooth {
    disk        /dev/VolGroup00/drbd_dom0tooth;
    address     192.168.0.6:7793;
    meta-disk   /dev/VolGroup00/drbd_dom0tooth_meta[0];
  }
  on black {
    address     192.168.0.11:7793;
    disk        /dev/local/drbd_dom0tooth;
    meta-disk   /dev/local/drbd_dom0tooth_meta[0];
  }
}

resource fnorbfoo {
  protocol      B;

  startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout 30; }
  device        /dev/drbd2;
  on fnorb {
    disk        /dev/doesnt/matter;
    address     192.168.0.9:7793;