[DRBD-user] Re: DRBD VBD's with Xen status

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:24:10 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pasted from xen/scripts/block-drbd:
> # - Tested, thus far, only on Debian etch with Xen 3.0.3.
>
> If that is really the extent of testing, the docu is sending a mixed
> message in chapter 11 with the big writeup on DRBD VBD's.
>
> In my case, CentOS 5, they just plain failed with some block device
> unavailable message, while phy:/dev/drbd1 works perfectly.

Just wanted to point out this comes up sometimes on lists outside
drbd-user, including this recent thread in xen-users.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2008-08/msg00168.html

I request, again, that that document be changed. It's wasting people's
time, and leaving a bad impression.
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/ch-xen.html

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".