[DRBD-user] autotune network

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Aug 16 17:40:59 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:56:43AM +0100, Mark Olliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed 8.0.13 has a feature "sndbuf-size=0, does this exist
> currently in either 8.2.6 or the source head?

it was initially implemented on the 8.2 branch,
and will be released with 8.2.7.

> Also I see in the commercial version of DRBD there is a DRBD Proxy
> option for long distance links, does anyone have any more information on
> this, what is does, is it only commercial, benefits costs etc.

the "drbd-proxy" is a userland application with basic DRBD protocol
knowledge, with tunable compression and buffering behaviour.
It is intended to be used together with drbd protocol A for
"long distance" (high latency) replication.
It is commercially available.
For more information about the terms please contact
sales at linbit.com, as I don't even know myself exactly :-)

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT HA-Solutions GmbH

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks
of LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH