[DRBD-user] IP address not found on this host

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN king at computerking.ca
Thu Aug 7 21:53:23 CEST 2008

Hello again all, I am running DRBD behind a router and between two remote machines.  I have the machine DMZed for better access but am getting errors.  Therefore the address the outside world (as well as the other drbd machine) sees is different than what the machine thinks it has.  Outside address is 66.144.188.169 and ifconfig returns 192.168.1.202

I have tried adding the internal entry to /etc/hosts but it does not work hmmmm do i need to setup and internal view using dns? why is this not working.  Anyways here is the error!!!!

root at ns1:/etc# drbdadm up r0
/etc/drbd.conf:14: in resource r0, on ns1.computerking.ca:
        IP 68.144.188.169 not found on this host.

I think this is causing drbd to run in standalone mode on this host here is proc output

root at ns1:/etc# cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.2.6 (api:88/proto:86-88)
GIT-hash: 3e69822d3bb4920a8c1bfdf7d647169eba7d2eb4 build by root at mx1.canmail.org, 2008-06-30 13:41:01

 1: cs:StandAlone st:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown   r---
    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 oos:1572780

****** I have included my drbd.conf and my hosts file please help

global {
        usage-count yes;
}
common {
        protocol C;
}
resource r0 {
  on mx1.canmail.org{
        device    /dev/drbd1;
        disk      /dev/vg/drbd;
        address   66.244.200.225:7789;
        meta-disk internal;
  }
  on ns1.computerking.ca {
        device    /dev/drbd1;
        disk      /dev/vg/drbd;
        address   68.144.188.169:7789;
        meta-disk internal;
  }
}

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
192.168.1.202           ns1.computerking.ca ns1
68.144.188.169           ns1.computerking.ca ns1

Computer King & CaN Mail  -  Sales Service Hosting Backup

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

NEW!!! Custom Service Packages
Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting Packages