[DRBD-user] notify on detach

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Sun Apr 13 17:55:05 CEST 2008

Damon,

> Will 0.7.25 run a script on disk IO error like 8.x will?

No. As the 0.7.25 drbd.conf man page says.

> Does anyone have a sample script (or web link) to stop heartbeat (v1
> style resources) and force a failover to the other node on disk IO?

Use on-io-error panic, combined with autoreboot on panic set via the
kernel.panic sysctl, and the node will forcibly remove itself from the
cluster on every I/O error. Not sure if you really want that, but that would
be the way to achieve what you describe.

> Or, even better, detach and email the sysadmin so the sysadmin can
> failover at a more convenient time.

How about setting on-io-error detach and crafting a nifty cron job that
parses /proc/drbd every 5 minutes and emails the sysadmin if the local disk
state is Diskless? Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

Please note: when replying, there is no need to CC my
personal address. Replying to the list is fine. Thank you.