[DRBD-user] notify on detach

Damon Estep damon at soho-systems.com
Thu Apr 10 18:50:29 CEST 2008

Running drbd 0.7.25 because at the time of deployment there was a bug
that impacted us in 8.0.1. I am aware that an upgrade might be a good
idea, but time will not permit right now.

We had a situation where there was a disk IO error on  the underlying
device, and the file system was remounted as read only, as it should
have been because we had the action set to "pass_on"

Realizing the error in our ways, we now want to use the detach action on
IO error, but concern over not knowing about the event has me puzzled.

Will 0.7.25 run a script on disk IO error like 8.x will?

Does anyone have a sample script (or web link) to stop heartbeat (v1
style resources) and force a failover to the other node on disk IO?

Or, even better, detach and email the sysadmin so the sysadmin can
failover at a more convenient time.

As far as I can tell the detach will put an entry in the syslog, but
unless the syslog is reviewed this will go unnoticed, we really need a
kick in the rear (email) if this happens.

Thank you

Damon