[DRBD-user] DRBD Multiple Resources and Heartbeat

Andres E. Rodriguez Lazo andreserl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:26:56 CEST 2008

Hello there!
Sorry for the delay, i've been busy this past few days.

Well I managed to fix it, it was a problem with haresources configuration
file, now it is like this:

datos1.tesisandres.pe  IPaddr::192.168.0.100/24/eth0 drbddisk::webdata
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/data::ext3 nfs-kernel-server drbddisk::mysql
Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/var/lib/mysql::ext3 mysql

This way, it works just fine.

But now, i'm trying to make resource webdata to be primary on my first node
(data1) and resource mysql to be primary on second node (data2), but i cant
make it work. I can manually make each resource as primary on the node i
want to make them primary, but no luck automatically. For example, if node0
starts first, it will have both resources as primary, and when node1 starts,
it wont failback the resource webdata to the other node.

My haresources is:

datos1.tesisandres.pe  IPaddr::192.168.0.100/24/eth0 drbddisk::webdata
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/data::ext3 nfs-kernel-server
datos2.tesisandres.pe  drbddisk::mysql
Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/var/lib/mysql::ext3 mysql

Any ideas for this configuration??

thanks for help

I've trying to do it, but

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com>
wrote:

> On Saturday 05 April 2008 08:29:43 Andres E. Rodriguez Lazo wrote:
> > *My haresources*
> > datos1.tesisandres.pe  IPaddr::192.168.0.100/24/eth0 drbddisk::webdata
> > drbddisk::mysql Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/data::ext3
> > Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/data::ext3 nfs-kernel-server mysql
>
> Just to clarify, please tell us whether all these resources are in fact
> placed
> on a single line. Right now I can't tell if that line wrapped only in your
> email, or whether you have introduced extra newlines in your config file.
>
> And by the way:
> > If i make them work independently they work just fine, but when i try to
> > make them work the two at the same they, some errores are showed at the
> > syslog and the primary node reboots, then the secondary node takes over,
> > and after a few secs it reboots and so on...
>
> Referring to "some errors in the syslog" is quite unhelpful. You'll at
> least
> have to tell us _which_ errors you are seeing, and under what
> circumstances.
>
> Florian
>
> --
> : Florian G. Haas
> : LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH
> : Vivenotgasse 48, A-1120 Vienna, Austria
>
> When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
> I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.

Andres E. Rodriguez Lazo (4nDr3s - RoAkSoAx)
Ubuntu Counter Project - User # 17582