[DRBD-user] VolGroups dissapeared

James Wilson jwilson at transolutions.net
Thu Sep 13 15:06:25 CEST 2007

Yesterday I was testing failover with rhcs5 and drbd. To test failover I
simply unplugged the network cable from the server. The IP failed over
like it was supposed and all the data was still there also. But when I
brought the other server back on line it came up in a Secondary/Unknown
state and when I did an lvscan the logical volume wasn't there anymore.
So I tried setting the server to drbdadm primary all and activating the
volume group "vgchange -a y VolGroup02". Still no logical volume. Which
was ok because I still had the volume on the other server because of
failover. Well the other server was still reading Primary/Unknown also.
So I tried bringing drbd down and back up by unmounting and drbdadm down
all. Then I reset the services and brought everything back up. Both
server were still reading Secondar/Unknown but now the logical volume on
the failover server was gone also. Has this happend to any one? Did I
configure something wrong the servers were set for Primary/Primary and
running a gfs2 file system.