[DRBD-user] pvcreate

James Wilson jwilson at transolutions.net
Mon Sep 10 14:48:10 CEST 2007

Hey All,

    Wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue I am having.
I have the latest version of DRBD running on my server. I installed DRBD
under lvm and I was able to create a physical volume but when I do a
pvscan I get this output. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
The volume I created is VolGroup01.

pvscan output

Found duplicate PV shoTy9QP4wdrIGS24mf7Hz6f1b2oqlxB: using
/dev/cciss/c0d1 not /dev/drbd0
  PV /dev/cciss/c0d0p2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [135.53 GB / 114.69 GB free]
  PV /dev/cciss/c0d1     VG VolGroup01   lvm2 [273.44 GB / 273.44 GB free]