R: [DRBD-user] Clustering DB2

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Mon Sep 10 12:39:40 CEST 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 10:20:58 Stefano Cislaghi wrote:
> I know, but on second box do not want to start.
> Running
> db2teps1 at itsm-sys2a ~]$ sqllib/adm/db2licm -l
> DBI1423N This option requires the creation of an instance.
>
> Explanation:
>
>  Features that are required to perform this action are only
> accessible once an instance has been created.
>
> User Response:
>
>  Please create an instance and issue this command again.
>
> And on first node (where was installed the first time) run without
> problem.

Have you failed-over the DRBD device (using heartbeat) so that the node you
are running those commands on is reporting Primary/Secondary in /proc/drbd ?

You should also have configured DB2 such that all of its data and
configuration files reside on the DRBD device.

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer