[DRBD-user] Re: Strange behaviour (mine or drbd's, im not sure yet)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Oct 9 19:16:31 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:41:51PM -0500, alex borges wrote:
> Okay, we are going to do it all over again. It doesnt seem to be the
> problem though, weve been using drbd for many years now in many
> deployments. Im pretty sure we are NOT using mkfs /underlying/partition
> and then attempting to mount drbd0. We are creating the drbd disk, then
> mkfs -j /dev/drbd0 and then we nmount drbd0, which is the way it should
> work afaik.
>
> So, ill keep you guys posted, but i think im heading for trouble anyway.
> If its not the "using underlying partition" issue, what else could it be?

> >> [root at fw2 ~]# fsck.ext3 /dev/drbd0
> >> e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
> >> The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 12209392 blocks
> >> The physical size of the device is 12176624 blocks

now. e2fsck means "file system blocks",
so one "block" here is typically 4kB.
(unless otherwise specified explicitly,
 or you are on a very small device)

12209392 - 12176624 == 32768
32768 * 4kB  == 128MB
that happens to be *exactly* the "fixed size drbd meta data".

so no, I'm pretty sure it cannot be anything else.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :