[DRBD-user] Strange behaviour (mine or drbd's, im not sure yet)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Oct 5 14:51:12 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:39:15AM -0500, Alex Borges wrote:
> Okay...
>
> DRBD vanilla (from the drbd site) on RHEL5. It all works smoothly, my
> little cluster works very well and I thank you guys for that.
>
> Thing is, we tried backuping the drbd filesystem with amanda, which uses
> tar and the dump command to find out the size.
>
> It all should be working well if not because the dump command gives
> amanda this error:
>
> [root at fw amanda]# su - amandabackup
> -sh-3.1$ /sbin/dump -S /hadisk
> /dev/drbd0: Can't read next inode while scanning inode #6094848
>
> "Okay then", we thought, "lets check our filesystem on the secondary
> server while drbd is disconnected":
>
> [root at fw2 ~]# fsck.ext3 /dev/drbd0
> e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
> The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 12209392 blocks
> The physical size of the device is 12176624 blocks
> Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
> Abort<y>? yes
>
> Now I wouldnt mind the message if the filesystem was corrupted, but it
> isnt. There isnt even one message on the logs complaining about the
> filesystem, the whole thing works very well, it mounts without any
> complaints.

google for
 drbd The filesystem size according to the superblock The physical size of the device is

you should
find at least

 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/7736#7736
 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/12626#12626
 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/12324#12324

would you mind to put this into wiki.linux-ha.org/DRBD/FAQ ?
thanks.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :