[DRBD-user] Re: drbd 0.6.12 and 0.6.7: Epoch set size wrong!! tl messed up! transferlog too small!!

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Nov 25 14:28:23 CET 2007

> >heartbeat is monitoring?  are you sure?
>
> Without a doubt.
> >you mean you use heartbeat 2, with drbd 0.6,
> >on a red hat 7.3?
> No,
> heartbeat-0.4.9.2

gee, now, heartbeat 0.4.9 something,
that is prehistoric.  as is drbd 0.6.7, btw.
and it definetely does not do *resource* monitoring.

> To get failover to the other PostgreSQL box.

just curious: which postgres version could that be?

note, I think to be conservative is a virtue for an HA admin.
but one can overdo things there :)

> Thank you for that.  I'll switch all our legacy drbd systems to
> protocol C.  Does this refer only to the network, or is the data on
> the drbd device itself required to be different?  I mean, can I just
> change the protocal and restart, or do I need to do much more?

no, that will do.

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :