Poor performance solved WAS: Re: [DRBD-user] 2.6.24-rc1 oops

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Sun Nov 11 20:24:23 CET 2007

Pierguido Lambri wrote:
> Matteo Tescione wrote:
>> It's all about raid5/6 level configurations that is absolutely
>> unreliable.
>> If anyone has any idea of what's going on....
> It seems we have the same problems :-)

It is essential to stripe align a file system if the array uses a parity
based RAID level (5/6).

If you are willing to test something please tell me the configured
stripe width of that array, the RAID level and the amount of drives and
I'll give you a fitting mkfs line for XFS.

--
Best regards,
H.D.