[DRBD-user] clean shutdown of drbd

Benjamin Zachary ben at levelfive.us
Sat Nov 10 06:07:13 CET 2007

Everytime I bring one of my nodes down (testing of course) when I bring back
up secondary/secondary and both uptodate/uptodate as soon as I make one
primary it will do a complete resync as shown in /proc/drbd and drbd events.
What is the clean way to stop/suspend? I tried pause-sync, I tried
disconnect, and rebooting primary first or secondary first (they connect at
bootup with a wait timeout of 0) but I was hoping the shutdown process would
be correct.

Thx