[DRBD-user] weird resync status after split brain drbd-8.0.3

Luan Nguyen serverchef at googlemail.com
Tue May 15 04:32:07 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a really curious problem here with my drbd-8.0.3 primary/primary
setup. After reboot I got the famous split-brain status. Since my config
says disconnect for that case (after-sb-2pri disconnect;) , my drbd resource
waits for manual handling...

Whenever I try to resync I am stuck with the following status on both nodes:

SVN Revision: 2881 build by root at www1, 2007-05-11 00:40:43
 0: cs:WFBitMapS st:Secondary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
     ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:34 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
        resync: used:0/31 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
        act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

Doesn´t matter if i bring up secondary/secondary or primary/secondary or any
other combination :-(

The DRBD wiki says the connection status WFBitMap is just a " Transitory
state when synchronization starts; "dirty"-bits are exchanged." . So i
thought after sucessful resync "UptoDate/UptoDate" everything is fine. But
this is not happening. Anyone knows what is going on here ? Is
primary/primary setup too experimental and not recommended for usage ?

I als tried he solution postes a while back by Lars for doing a manual
resync, but no go. drbdadm always quits with unknown error 0 (or so). And
yes, i know the drives should be disconnected for that.

node0: drbdadm connect all
node1: drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect all

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work !

Luan Nguyen