[DRBD-user] Suggestions on best practices for split brain policies

Doug Knight dknight at wsi.com
Thu May 10 15:21:55 CEST 2007

Hi,
I have been having rare occurrences of a split brain between my two
servers because of some issues within heartbeat (startup and shutdown
sequencing mostly). I have been looking at the -A, -B, and -C policy
options of drbdsetup, trying to understand how best to use them.
Currently, when this situation occurs, I manually execute a
"drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 net 10.4.4.5 10.4.4.4 C -D" which quickly brings
the two partitions back into communications with each other, and sync up
is almost instantaneous since they are usually only out of sync briefly.
I was wondering if someone could tell me what is "best practice" for
setting the SB policy for a typical DRBD configuration (basically, all I
want is for which ever node is not Primary to sync up with the node that
is Primary).

Thanks,
Doug Knight
WSI Inc.